Gaining weight is easy for me. Almost as easy as breathing. This is a scary proposition.
Because of the ease of putting on pounds, I have to work extra hard to counteract this natural tendency. Most humans do.
Once, two friends who were talking about their current diets, looked at me and said, “You’re lucky, you don’t need to worry about your weight”.
In reply, “I worry about my weight every single day, that’s why I don’t have to worry about it”. Ya with me? Stay focused. Fight a good battle today.
Are you planning to exercise today?
If you are, great.
If you’re not, why the heck not?
Just do it.
Did you? Great if you did. If you had a planned rest day, also great.
But if you didn’t do either in a purposeful way, you get another chance today.
Here are a couple tips, the most critical things, I’ve found to keep a positive momentum:
- Have a goal, or purpose, bigger than yourself
- Find the time of day that works best
- Add it to your calendar (no afterthoughts)
- Find an easy way to keep track of your progress
- Forgive yourself if you miss a day, but don’t make it a habit
- Have fun, stay healthy (injuries demotivate)
- Carpe diem