Context: Two dads who met and began bonding in 2003 through their kids’ pre-school – they saw each other this week at the gym for the first time in a year…
There are seven keys to world-class vibrancy.
Chuck, a friend (and that fellow dad i met in 2003), hired a personal trainer who introduced Chuck to three of the seven keys to vibrant health: cardio, strength, and nutrition.
i know this because we spoke about it yesterday and i drilled Chuck with questions.
How does a trainer (coach) leave out four of the seven?
My educated guess is the trainer (at 25, a two-time champion bodybuilder) doesn’t yet have the wisdom (years/experience) to discern the scope of all seven.
At the end of our conversation, i offered Chuck a friend’s and family discount for executive coaching. Why? Because he’d do the same if i asked him to fix my pool pump. Chuck runs a pool service business.
But he certainly can’t scale his business by offering all his close friends a free ride every time they could use it.
• • • • •
This website is about our BODY. To read today’s post about our SPIRIT, click here.
If you want to stay on this site and read more posts from this Blog, click here.
The 19 cultural blueprints for corporate architecture for business excellence.
LEADERS (blueprints, site prep, foundation)
1. (Vision) a clear, concise, compelling vision
2. (Involvement) Create your tool box with at least 100 easy to implement developmental ideas
3. (Accountability) Develop your tool kit with your top three priorities for each: Employees, Customers, Business PLUS: Technical, Managerial, Behavioral.
4. (Commitment) Short list (7 or less) of internal leadership (and employee) values, with concise definition and sample behaviors.
EMPLOYEES (shell, walls, roof)
5. (History) Full-blown founder’s story capturing the organizational DNA (and an historian identified)
6. (Customs) Long list of company heritage as well as traditions (ongoing historical management)
7. (Icons) Comprehensive guide to corporate language, symbols, phrases, tag lines, etc (ongoing historical mgmt)
8. (Values) Categorize unique traits & behaviors your culture is famous for.
EMPLOYEES: Deep and broad integration with your 4 HR practices: Hire, Train, Inspire, Value.
CUSTOMERS (floor plans, doors, windows, walls, stairs, closets, etc)
9. (The Buyllseye) Identify and define your quintessential service goal. Then embed it in your organization’s DNA
10. (360 Analysis) Exhaustive lists of Needs, Wants, Stereotypes (+-), Emotions (+-); this will fuel scalable ways to hit your bullseye all day, every day.
11. (Unifying goal) redress your vision statement in a pair of overalls and march it to the front line. This is your battle-cry, the reason you exist. This one blueprint is the most important tool for harvesting your work force’s discretionary effort.
12. (Decision Tree) Create your prioritized corporate decision making matrix based on your non-negotiable, famous for, and business need.
REPUTATION (Exterior style & landscaping)
13. (Your promise) This one’s easy, it’s your unifying goal.
14. (Delivering your promise) process map every customer (and employee) touch point and create exhaustive lists for delivering your quintessential service goal at every touchpoint, all day, every day.
15. (Connecting Emotionally) Create organizationally unique employee framework (your Company’s Customer Service blueprints) to allow for initial and ongoing training and development.
IMPROVE (functionality – plumbing, electric, hvac, lighting, etc)
16. (Generate Ideas) Build your corporate box and think inside it.
17. (Select ideas) Use process mapping, 360 analysis, financials, surveys, etc
18. (Implement ideas) Develop a corporate framework for Continuous improvement (CIP); a literal six sigma for dummies.
19. (Leader’s Role) Create environment where great ideas have no choice but to flourish. Everyone is creative, your ideas are separate from your identity, “yes, and”.
• • • • •
This website is about our physical health. To easily leave this site to read today’s post on jeff’s spiritual health website, click here.